Monday, December 28, 2009

A Autumnal Affair


So I borrowed this tradition from someone I met years back of doing a fall themed dinner. Late October / early November really is a great time for a great deal of seasonal produce and it's great to incorporate seasonal flavours into your meals. This year I tried some new things and revamped some old ones.

Having friends over was great, it was the first time for some people as guests at Casa de Brady, and it was an opportunity for some of my freinds to reconnect. My brother was in town so it was a touch more special, and it was really fun to plan and create the evening together. It was nice to share my new passion with him and it was a great way for him to meet some of my peeps.

So on the menu was a Pumpkin soup, which I served in carved out gord bowls. Then our main course was stuffed chickens. Yes.. that's right I de-boned the entire chicken and stuffed with with vegetables and sausage. Served that with wild rice salad and roasted brussel sprouts still on the branch, but we started off the evening with my paté mousse which was a bigger hit than I expected, I was very surprised.

It was a great evening, with the exception of the spilled soup...ooops. But the food was going and wine was flowing so it was great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment