Monday, August 10, 2009

Healthy yummy scooby snack or appetizer

Hey y'all..... Hope everyone had a gr8 weekend! I had an awesome time. On Friday did the Art Walk and hung out with my friend 'Bernice' and 'Bernice's' ex who was in town from PSP. Had a blast (the ex is kinda cute). But anyway, we had fun. Saturday was a mixed bag of stuff. Rebel Sistah was a tranny mess and as such had to cxl on our plans.... she needed some rest. Luckily I was able to hook up with 'Bernice' & Co. for a little outing.
Sunday was gr8... went to church and then with my friends KK and Bernice to go Salsa dancing at this über fun outdoor situation.... danced my bumm off.

Food wise it was very tasty, had a phenomenal egg sandwich at Cock-a-Doodle. On Saturday I made the simplest and most yummy breakfast I'd had in weeks.

Today I want to share with you something I really enjoy, specially here in the summer. Heirloom tomatoes are probably some of my favorite fruits. They're refreshing and so flavourful. We're very fortunate to have them here in Northern California throughout the summer, but aside from the big ones we also get these wee little pearl heirloom tomatoes which make for an excellent scooby, snack, side dish at BBQs, or appetizer. So here's how I rock these babies out:

What you'll need:
• Pearl heirloom tomatoes (you can use cherry tomatoes if you don't have heirlooms)
Coarse Salt
Peeper
• Basil - chopped
• Olive Oil
• Balsamic Vinegar

Take your tomatoes and drizzle them with olive oil, roll them all around so they are all nice and coated. Add a wee splash of balsamic vinegar, not too much just a dash and toss the tomatoes around. Add salt, pepper, and chopped basil. Again toss your tomatoes around and them put them in your freezer for about 15-20 minutes. Do not let them completely freeze but that should be enough time for them to be nice and cold. Serve them str8 our of the freezer as an appetizer, with grilled steak or just as a scooby snack.. these babies will POP in your mouth and make for the most refreshing summertime snack!!!!


I have some gr8 recipes coming later on this week that I know you'll enjoy. As always, if you try these out let me know how it all goes.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. the tranny mess is no longer in recovery.
    recovered. past tense. shwew!
    lesson learned.

    ReplyDelete